Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crisp Chicken Burritos

I used to work for a company called Taco Time.  Actually, I worked for two companies by that name, but one of them is relevant, here.

See, when I say "Taco Time," most of you are thinking of Taco Time International, Inc. (unless they've changed names again ... ). And I did work for them, for about six months.  I also spent nearly four years working for Accord Taco Time, Inc., which split from the other company in (IIRC) the mid-eighties.  I don't know all the details, nor do I care to. Both companies have similar menus with (for the most part) similar food.

The Taco Times I'll be referencing in this post are the Accord Taco Times, because they are in Western Washington (and the other Taco Time isn't).

What you need to know is this: After working for Taco Time for as long as I did, I still crave the food. Especially certain menu items.  Most notably the Crisp Chicken Burrito. Which may or may not be available at the other Taco Time (which is why the long prelude - I didn't want to get your hopes up if you live outside of Western Washington).

The burrito itself is pretty simple: You take some of Taco Time's chicken (which is good all by itself), mix it with cream cheese, some green chilis, and a couple of spices.  Then wrap it in a flour tortilla and deep-fry it.

For me, it's paradise in a paper sleeve.

And there's a Taco Time about three blocks from my office.

I eat there fairly regularly, and grabbed an extra burrito. They're small enough that I figured if Dasha didn't like it, it'd be more for me.

As it turns out, she liked it a great deal.

"Mmmm!  This is really good!"

A few days later, we were talking about food and she told me that she'd taken her husband to Taco Time. For the Crisp Chicken Burritos. "They were really tasty, and reminded me of something we had in Moldova."

Verdict: Success. These may even be a bigger success than the Ding Dongs ...

No comments:

Post a Comment