Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mallo Cups

Mallo Cups are one of those things I like. A lot.  More than I really should.

I have a huge weakness for marshmallows. And a good whipped marshmallow is a joy and a delight. Dip it in chocolate, and I'm half-way to Paradise.

A Mallo Cup is whipped marshmallow, topped with coconut, and then dipped in chocolate. They're pretty straightforward.

Mallo Cups are the only time I will willingly eat coconuts, as I dislike both their flavor and their texture.

They're also not readily available in the Seattle area.

My wife ordered some for me as a gift - she found them on Amazon.com.

I've spent the last four months or so working through the case I received, but I still have a small stash in my desk. And some more in the freezer at home.

I keep a lot of food in my desk - granola bars, an Alligator stick, Breakfast On The Go, some popcorn ... and, of course, some Mallo Cups.  I tell every new hire that, if they get hungry, they can help themselves to any food in the drawer. Except the Mallo Cups. Those are mine.

Dasha had a case of the munchies a few days ago, and nothing in the drawer looked both familiar and good to her, so I offered her a package of Mallo Cups.

Now, there are two Mallo Cups in every package - they're sized and shaped similarly to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. So I offered her a package.

"What is it?"

"It's chocolate-covered marshmallow."

"I like chocolate," she said.

After a bite: "This is good. It's really sweet."

I know she liked it because she ate the second one.

Verdict: Success.  She hasn't had any more than that first package, though, so I'm going to mark it as a 'moderate success.'

No comments:

Post a Comment