Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pocky

I know, I know.  Pocky is about as American as Log Cabins or Apple Pie (look it up). But it's big here in the US. Well, among geeks and those who have been introduced to it.

It's available in most grocery stores here in the greater Seattle area.

What is it?  It's basically just a chocolate-dipped breadstick.

Yes. Really. But you need to try it to understand just why it's so good.

A few weeks back, I brought some into the office, and Dasha saw me crunching away. "What is that?"

The only possible answer to that is, of course, "It's Pocky. Want some?"

I handed her one of them, and she eyed it warily, "What is this?"

"Pocky. It's actually a Japanese treat, but it's easily available here and I really like it. Taste it."

She sniffed at it, and then took a tentative bite. She does that a lot - it's like she doesn't trust me or something. One wonders why.

"Is this just bread inside?"

"Basically, yes."

Another tentative bite, "It's good! I think I like this!"

Now, a box of Pocky often includes multiple plastic packages, each of which have a number of Pocky. So I just gave her the remainder of that package. "I need to get some of this for me! What is it called, again?"

And I showed her the package (which she photographed so she could find it in the stores).

Verdict? Win. I'm definitely getting better at finding things she'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment