Thursday, October 13, 2011

Dairy Queen Blizzards

Right next door to the Arby's we occasionally visit, there is a Dairy Queen.

Now, Dasha used to work for McDonald's, so I figured she'd had a McFlurry.

"No," she said, "I never got interested in trying one."

I've learned that she is really hit-or-miss on dairy products. She doesn't like sour cream, and isn't even willing to try French Onion Dip. Ranch Dressing is hit-or-miss (usually a miss).  Apparently the McFlurry looked a bit too much like sour cream.

I'm mostly kidding, of course - she does know the difference between sour cream and soft serve. I don't know why she didn't try a McFlurry, given her sweet tooth.

Either way, when we described Dairy Queen's signature item (the Blizzard), we told her that it's "kind of like a McFlurry, but better."

"Okay," she said, "I will try one the next time you go."

The next question was, of course, which flavor to get for her. DQ offers a dizzying array of them in four categories. Rather than guess (like I did with the Slurpees), I decided to let her decide.

She selected the Strawberry Cheesequake. In my opinion, it's not the strongest introduction to Blizzards, but it's not bad.

So that Friday, I headed to Arby's for lunch and grabbed Blizzards on my way back.

"It's really good," she said after a few bites. Or should that be sips? "Why didn't you show me this before?"

I figured that'd be the end of it, but, when we came in on Monday, she had something further to say to us. “So, you know that … um … that Blizzard? I tried three more this weekend. And I called my sister and I told her, and my husband tried one and he liked it and … “

Yep.  We've created a monster.

Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment