Thursday, November 10, 2011

Follow-Up #2: Twinkies vs. Tastykakes

I have a friend on the East Coast named Geoff. Geoff is one of my favorite people to deal with, and was one of the first people out there to find this blog (I honestly don't remember if I sent him a link or if he stumbled across it on his own).

When he saw the post on Twinkies and Ding Dongs, he asked me why I hadn't given her Tastykakes.

My e-mailed response was something along the lines of "Tastywhat?"

It was explained to me that Tastykakes are what the East Coast eats instead of Twinkies. They are apparently fresher and better than Twinkies. Or so Geoff told me - and I do tend to trust him.

"You'll see," he told me.

A few days later, I received a UPS package containing a tin. None of the three of us on the order desk had ever heard of them. So I shared with Dasha and J. And my wife. And a friend visiting from California ...

There is a lot of cake in the tin!

I really liked them. So did my wife. The peanut-butter KandyKakes especially hit the spot for me, and I tried several of the others.

Dasha tried a few different things from the tin - she liked the chocolate cupcakes, and didn't like the sponge cakes. So they came out about the same as the Twinkies and Ding Dongs.

I ... I forgot to ask J. what she thought. Ooops.

So all in all, it comes out a Win for me - I found a new snack food that I like. It was mixed for Dasha.

Thanks, Geoff. I appreciate your broadening our horizons.

1 comment:

  1. Everybody loves Tastykakes! My best friend Karen moved to Texas a few years ago and she makes me send her boxes of tastykakes every 3 months. The people at home direct shipping practically know me by name now. The peanut butter kandy kakes are my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete