Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

I have a sweet tooth.  I like junk food.

One of my favorite things is chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzel bites.  I don't get them very often, because I have a bad habit of eating the entire bag in one sitting.

I figured Dasha has a sweet tooth, and I would share with her. That way, I would eat fewer of them and (in general), I would be healthier.

She started with her usual question, "What is this?"

I explained that it was a pretzel that had been filled with peanut butter and then dipped in chocolate. I know that peanut butter is one of those flavors that isn't popular world-wide. In fact, my parents tell stories about how they used to give peanut butter to Greeks when we lived in Athens.  Because people who haven't grown up eating it often have difficulties, it's funny to watch.  "In return," my parents would tell us as part of the story, "they would give us this fruit that you're supposed to eat, rind and all.  It was so bitter ... " Apparently it was funny to watch Americans trying to eat it. But that's beside the point.

I wasn't sure if Dasha had any experience with peanut butter, or what her thoughts on peanut butter were. After her reaction to Pocky, I was 90% sure she would like chocolate-dipped pretzels. She likes salty and sweet both (but I don't know if she likes them together - I'll have to find out sometime). I had no idea how the peanut butter would impact her liking of this one. It was a genuine gamble.

She took one of the bites, and tentatively poked at it. "So it's just a pretzel inside?"

"With peanut butter."

"That's it?" She bit half of one off, and then wrinkled her nose.  "I don't think so," she said, "It's not for me."

At least the verdict was fast.

The verdict:  FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment