Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slurpees

Day 7: Slurpee With Brain Freeze Straw
Creative Commons Attribution,
Non-Commercial, No-Derivatives
photo by Heath_Bar
As has been previously mentioned, our office is near a 7-Eleven. I go there periodically for snacks. It's close. It's convenient.

And they have Slurpees.

A few weeks back, I was heading to 7-Eleven1.  J (my non-Dasha co-worker) asked me to pick up a bottle of water for her. As I do, I teased her a bit. "So that's a two-liter of Dr Pepper, then?"

"Water."

"Cherry Coke?"

"Water."

"Slurpee?"

At this point, Dasha interjected, "What's a Slurpee?"

Now, I know 7-11 covers quite a bit of the Earth's surface, but I don't know if they have Slurpees everywhere they have stores. So for those few of you who don't know, a Slurpee is basically chopped ice and flavored syrup. It's more fluid than a Snow Cone, but it's not an actual liquid unless you let it sit too long.  The ice is chopped finely enough that it'll fit through their straws.  They come with a hybrid straw/spoon that - honestly - causes as many problems as it solves.

And if you drink them too quickly, you will suffer from the dreaded Brain Freeze.

I got the Berry Blast flavor for her first Slurpee.  It's not a flavor I like (I dislike raspberries), but it's a solid introduction to Slurpees.

Her first comment was, "It's really big!"  This was followed by a tentative taste.  "That's really sweet," she said after her first sip.

She took it with her when she went to lunch.  It didn't return when she did.

A few days later, I went to 7-Eleven again.  "Did you want another Slurpee?"

"No thank you," she answered - It may be because of the slightly cooler weather, though. The next one I buy her will be Coke-flavored.

Mmmm.  Coke Slurpeee.

Verdict: Unclear. More testing necessary for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment