Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pop Rocks

Photo from Wikimedia Commons
Creative Commons licensed by  Evan-Amos
There is a 7-11 within a very few minutes of the office. I go there all the time. It's overpriced, but convenient.

Often, they have Pop Rocks near the registers.

Now, I'm really just a big kid. A big, sarcastic, people-hating child.

Pop Rocks are one of my favorite things. I love them. A sugary blast of fizz with every mouthful!

Dasha had never had them. So I asked her if she'd like some the next time I made a snack and beverage run. She told me she'd like to try them, so I brought some in the next day.

Now, Dasha loves junk food and sweets. A lot. So watching her with the Pop Rocks was hilarious.  She mimicked me, and poured a few from her packet into her hand and then tossed the handful into her mouth.

"This is," she started - and then they started popping.  "Um ... wow.  Really weird."

"Do you like them?"

"They are a little too sweet, but I like them. Where do you find these?"

Verdict: Moderate success.

No comments:

Post a Comment