Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread

This isn't so much an American thing as it is an Eric thing. See, my wife has this recipe for a chocolate peanut butter banana bread.  And yes, you read that correctly. It's a chocolate bread which contains both peanut butter and bananas.

A few weeks back, her office had a bake-off. She didn't win (I think she was robbed), but she did bake an extra loaf for my office. And I was kind enough to share (which I usually don't do when something is that good).


As we know, peanut butter is hit-or-miss outside of North America. It just hasn't caught on. So anything with the flavor of peanut butter is a risk when sharing with Dasha.

Now, I know she has a sweet tooth. And I know she likes chocolate. So I figured the bread was a safe bet, and I cut a slice for Dasha.


She poked at it a bit. "It seems very soft."  The way my wife makes it, it's very moist.  It's hard not to be, when cooking with bananas. Unless you screw something up. She then sniffed at it, before breaking a small piece off and tasting it.  "It's good!"

"Well of course it is," I told her, "My wife made it."  My wife - for the record - is an excellent cook.

"You should tell your wife to cook more often."

I am in complete agreement with this.  I should also cook more often. But that's beside the point.

A few minutes passed, and then, "Can I have the recipe?"

That was fairly easily done. I keep the recipe reasonably accessible, so I printed it out and gave it to her.  "Thank you for this.  I think I'm going to make it."

The verdict?  WIN. Not only did she like it, but if she makes it at home, I'm likely to get more. That's a win for all concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment