Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chocolate-Covered Macadamia Nuts

I know, I know.  Just last week, I said we had caught up. And here I am, one week later, with another post.  I did tell you we'd have sporadic updates, didn't I?

A few days ago, I brought in some chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. They'd been given to me as a gift. I don't actually like Macadamia nuts. In fact, I dislike most nuts most of the time. But that's a tale for a different blog.

So I did what I always do when someone gives me food I don't like: I brought it to work to share with the rest of the desk and/or the locusts in the warehouse (they'll eat anything).

I had no idea that Dasha had never had Macadamia nuts.

The box sat on the desk for about half an hour before I heard, "Okay, let's see what this is all about." And then there was the telltale rustling of the packaging being removed.  Her usual dubious look followed, before she took a bite.

"This is really good," she said, "It's probably very expensive, huh?"

I honestly don't know - a quick check on Amazon told me that it depends on the Macadamia nuts in question. Some of them are quite pricey. In some cases, it borders on the ridiculous. Looking closely, it looks like the chocolate covering brings down the price - nuts alone are around $25/lb.

While I was typing this out, she had another comment to add:

"If you think these won't be gone in an hour, you would be wrong."

The verdict: Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment